The Top 10 Benefits of Home Filtration of Tap Water
|By: John Sern|
Essentially, you have no excuse for not having a home water filter. Drinking and bathing in tap water can cause a variety of health problems that can easily be alleviated with the use of a home water filter. Here are the top 10 benefits of using home water filters and why you should consider making the switch.
1. The home filtration of tap water using carbon block or granular technology makes your tap water much safer to drink. You are protected from contaminants such as lead, bacteria, and chlorine, which are linked to many serious illnesses.
2. If you use a tap water filter for your shower head, your hair and skin will be much softer. You will also be relieved of skin irritation and allergies if they affect you.
3. The home filtration of tap water will make your water taste much better. Carbon filters are the most effective at improving your water’s taste. Chemicals like chlorine cause your drinking water to taste unpleasant and can affect the taste of your cooking and beverages like coffee as well.
4. When you use a home water filter, you will notice that there is a lot less soap scum on your dishes, in your kitchen, and in your bathroom. The end result is a lot less cleaning.
5. The air quality in your home will improve if you use a carbon block or granular home water filter. The home filtration of tap water prevents the chemicals in tap water from being released in steam from your sink and shower. This steam can cause respiratory illnesses such as asthma and bronchitis.
6. Home tap water filters are very inexpensive. They are much cheaper than drinking bottled water. You can get up to 30 gallons per hour of fresh, clean water at less than 10 cents per gallon with a carbon filter. Other water purifiers such as reverse osmosis and distillation are much more expensive so shop wisely.
7. The home filtration of tap water is easy and convenient. When it comes to carbon filters, there is no difficult installation process and you can do it in a matter of minutes. You can even use a whole house filter or under-the-sink filter so the filter doesn’t clutter your home and stays out of sight.
8. If you do your laundry with filtered water from a whole house filter, the chemicals in tap water won’t get embedded in your clothing.
9. The home filtration of tap water will greatly lessen your risk of getting cancer. The ingestion of chlorine alone can cause many types of cancer including bladder, rectal, and breast cancers.
10. When you drink filtered water, you are protected from the dangers of all the unknown chemicals in tap water. Many of the contaminants found in tap water such as prescription drugs have not been studied sufficiently to understand their long-term effects but the results of preliminary studies are alarming to say the least. It is especially important for children to drink clean water since their bodies are less capable of detoxifying.
In conclusion, the benefits of home filtration of tap water are endless and this is only the tip of the iceberg. Carbon block or granular home water filters are convenient, effective, and affordable so there is no excuse not to have one in your home. Drinking tap water is simply a huge health risk so if you want to stay healthy and vibrant for years to come, investing in a carbon home water filter is the way to go.
John Lim Cher Sern is an avid proponent of natural health. To learn more about home filtration of tap water and to get solutions to your water filtration questions